An important update regarding our Toby’s Plant Based Dip & Spread product line
First and foremost, we hope this message finds you healthy and safe.
A message from the Toby’s family about COVID-19
Toby’s Family Foods has been safely producing food since the 1970s and sanitation has long been a top priority.
During this pandemic, we are strictly following the guidance and recommendations provided by the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) and WHO (World Health Organization), along with our local health and government officials. Here at Toby’s, we have always maintained a stringent sanitation protocol and have implemented reinforced hygiene, social distancing, and other steps throughout our facility and with our valued employees. While there is no evidence that the virus can be passed on through packaged foods, we are closely monitoring the situation and taking a number of proactive measures.
We are focusing on the health and wellness of our team and prioritizing the safety of our products through the following practices:
- Employees displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or other illnesses are required to stay home for 14 days, per the CDC quarantining guidelines.
- Extra sanitation is occurring throughout our facility and additional attention is being paid to commonly used areas such as breakrooms, bathrooms, offices, and warehouse stations.
- We have implemented extra employee handwashing requirements throughout the day. Per our Good Manufacturing Practices, our production team wears gloves during production, but all employees are in the habit of washing their hands before entering areas with a higher potential for human contact before doing anything else.
- We have imposed a Visitor Restriction policy and have canceled any scheduled facility tours until further notice.
- All non-essential employees have been instructed to work from home.
- We have implemented travel restrictions on our sales, marketing, and brand ambassador teams to minimize the spread of the virus, as well as canceled all planned in-store samples and events.
The spread of COVID-19 is an evolving crisis, and we are committed to continuously evaluating the best ways to ensure the health of our employees and the safety of our products.
Lastly, a special note of thanks to those working in the grocery industry. Food production is essential to maintaining the social fabric during this pandemic. Keeping grocery store shelves full of fresh and affordable foods provides comfort during times of uncertainty. Aside from those working in the medical field, grocery store employees are some of the most exposed and are some of the unsung heroes of this pandemic. We’re all grateful for your service!
Thank you for all your support and for being a loyal member of the Toby’s family!