Banh Mi Sandwich with Plant Based Dip & Spread
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Banh Mi Sandwich Baguettes
- 2 fresh baguettes, sliced in half
- 1 container Toby’s Original Plant Based Dip & Spread
- A few sprigs of cilantro, per sandwich
- Sriracha, to taste
- 1 small daikon, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 small carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 small cucumber, seeded & sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, more as needed
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar, more as needed
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
To begin preparing our recipe for a Banh Mi Sandwich with Plant Based Dip & Spread, gather all the ingredients. You’ll want to make the pickled veggies ahead of time. Place the sliced daikon, sliced jalapeños, sliced carrots, and seeded & sliced cucumbers in a medium sized jar. Add the white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, pinch of sugar, and pinch of salt into the jar as well. If all the liquids do not cover the vegetables entirely, add about an extra 2 tbsp. water and more vinegar, if necessary.
Let your veggies and vinegar mixture chill for at least an hour in the fridge before completing your sandwiches to get that acidic, crisp, pickled flavor. This can be stored in the fridge for up to a week too for a stronger vinegar flavor.
Assemble all the sandwiches by spreading a thick hearty layer of Toby’s Plant Based Dip & Spread on each sliced baguette. Then add the now pickled veggies from the jar, sprigs of cilantro, and a finishing touch drizzle of sriracha on top. Enjoy your delicious Banh Mi Sandwich!