Black Bean Burger with Blue Cheese Dressing
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Black Bean Burger Patties:
- 2 – 14 oz. cans black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, can sub oat flour
- 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. ketchup or BBQ sauce
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large burger buns
- 6 slices cheese, we recommend swiss or provolone
- 1 cup lettuce, we used butter
- 1/4 cup onion, optional
- Toby’s Blue Cheese Dressing & Dip
To begin preparing your Black Bean Burger with Blue Cheese Dressing, gather all ingredients. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread black beans onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until the beans are slightly dried out.
In the meantime, sauté olive oil, bell pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until peppers and onions are soft, around 5 minutes.
Place in a large bowl with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, bread crumbs, eggs, worcestershire, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
Stir everything together, then add the black beans. Mash the mixture with a fork, leaving some bean texture. Hand form the mixture into 6 burger patties.
Place patties on a lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove and add cheese slices to each patty, then pop back into the oven for another minute or until the cheese melts.
To assemble burgers, grill or toast burger buns. Add butter or mayo before toasting for that extra delicious crispy layer.
Add a black bean patty to each bun with lettuce, onion, and a hearty spoonful of Toby’s Blue Cheese Dressing. Enjoy your Black Bean Burger with Blue Cheese Dressing!